Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Saga of a Manipulated Religion

There are many people who say they are truly dedicated to God or Jesus Christ but when I hear their perception of religion I can’t help but to laugh. I laugh not at them but at my experiences with religion and God. Being involved in a church was positive in some ways but completely negative in other ways, more negative than positive. When I first got involved in the church I hated it, my mom made me attend. When I got “saved” I began to become friends with girls who were just as bad as the bitches in high school. My secrets and personal experiences weren’t kept personal, oh no… there were words and telephone rumors. I tried though, I tried to let shit go and that was a full challenge in itself.
I got involved in working for the pastor and his wife, I was a nanny and I also cleaned their house. I have always earned money on my own, whether it was working for my friends’ parents or babysitting for my parents’ friends. So when this offer came along to work I couldn’t reject it, besides it became a perfect opportunity for me to ditch the slutty mistake I made the night before I began working. I intended to make money but I never intended to become so attached to the family.
On top of the bitchy gossip I also received the worst back stabbing and jealousy from not only the church girls but also from the women in the church. You see being close to the pastor meant, “you were special and in higher authority of others”. I wanted money, not a kiss ass relationship that would boost my status in the church.  People kissed so much ass in order to earn the “respect” of the pastor and leaders of the church. Leaders, oh shit, liars and judges, is what it was when it came to their characters. Of course most of them would argue their innocents but this isn’t the forum for that this is an opportunity for me to share my story of embarrassment, hate, lies and betrayal.
Although my religious experience was ridiculous and fucked up, I did gain so much love from someone special. My husband in which I met in that church, he is my light and my escape. I also gained a very true and honest relationship with the pastor’s wife (which throughout this saga I will call her, “Lara” as a way to avoid the claims of defamation of character). My life changed for the good in some ways, in positive ways but there are details that will reveal so.
So this begins the story of religion gone too far, borderline cult treatment, man-worship of pastors and pure manipulation.  People persecuted for premarital sex, illnesses “caused by some type of spiritual hate” and non-believers who lived their lives the way they wanted to. So get ready for a religious ride you will not forget…

No comments:

Post a Comment